Skip to main content

Benanti Etna Rosso 2018

80% Nerello Mascalese, 20% Nerello Cappuccio.

Typical blend of the two indigenous red varieties of Mt. Etna. The vines are grown on sandy volcanic soils rich in minerals between 500 and 900m a.s.l. on three slopes (North, South-East and South-West) of Etna and their age is between 10 and 60 years old. Grapes are harvested by hand and de-stemmed. The two varieties are vinified separately, using indigenous yeasts. 20% of the Nerello Mascalese matures for 10 months in second-passage French oak barriques, while the remaining 80% matures in stainless steel. The N. Capuccio matures in stainless steel to preserve its delicate aromatic character. The bouquet is ethereal, with dry red cheery, dry red flowers, spices, smoke and gamey. The palate is harmonious with lively acidity, chewy tannins and a dry mineral finish. A perfect match for charcuterie, roasted quail, duck and eggplant dishes.