The Wine Library understands the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information and being open and transparent in how we handle and deal with personal information.
Compliance with Privacy Act
In collecting, holding, using, disclosing and otherwise managing personal information, The Wine Library will comply with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
Collection of personal information
Under the Privacy Act, personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of our hospitality and related services or as a result of our other interactions or dealings with you, The Wine Library may collect your personal information.
Generally speaking, the kinds of personal information The Wine Library collects may include:
(a) contact and identification information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address (for example where you make a reservation at The Wine Library or join our mailing lists);
(b) information regarding your ordering history, food or beverage or other dining preferences, to assist us to provide a more customised dining experience;
(c) payment information, such as credit card or other payment details;
(d) where you organise or conduct an event, information regarding the event, your guests and any relevant requirements;
(e) information regarding your experience at The Wine Library (for example as part of our guest feedback activities or where you contact us with feedback); and
(f) where you apply for employment with The Wine Library (in addition to contact and identification information detailed above) information relevant to us considering your application for employment including information in relation to your CV, employment history, qualifications and references.
We may also collect identification information, such as drivers licence or passport information and biometric information (for example face scanning). We generally collect this information because we are required to do so by law and/or for venue, patron and employee security purposes. Specific information regarding the collection and handling of this type of personal information will be available at The Wine Library.
We also collect CCTV footage at The Wine Library for venue, patron and employee safety purposes. Details of suspected or actual illegal or improper conduct (including CCTV footage relating to that conduct) may be shared with relevant law enforcement or regulatory bodies.
At The Wine Library venue or The Wine Library Events, we may also take photographs or other images or content (such a video or audio recordings). Where we do so, we will provide as much detail as possible regarding why the photographs, images or other content are being taken and the purposes for which they are being used. By attending, you consent to us taking such photographs, images or other content and using those photographs, images or other content, including at the venue and on The Wine Library website and social media sites.
The Wine Library may also hold other kinds of personal information as permitted or required by law or other kinds of personal information that we notify you of at or about the time of collection.
Generally, we do not collect sensitive information about individuals. Information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political persuasions, criminal record and religious or philosophical beliefs are all examples of sensitive information. There may be circumstances where The Wine Library does collect sensitive information, for example where we need to collect health information regarding your allergies or in a medical emergency. If we do collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so with your consent or where we are required or authorised to do so by law.
Collection of personal information by The Wine Library
Generally, The Wine Library collects your personal information directly from you. For example, we may collect your personal information where:
- you make a reservation for a The Wine Library or an Event;
- you join one of our mailing lists, fill out a survey, enter a promotion, request services or otherwise provide us with your details;
- you dine at or attend our Venue;
- you organise an event using The Wine Library Events or participate in or attend an event organised by The Wine LibraryEvents;
- you sign up to or participate in any The Wine Library loyalty program;
- you provide feedback to us regarding your experience at The Wine Library;
- you post information to any of our social media sites;
- you attend a The Wine Library Event; or
- you apply for or express an interest in employment with us.
We generally collect personal information directly from you. However there may be occasions when The Wine Library collects your personal information from someone other than you, for example from:
- other entities within The Wine Library;
- our service providers or contractors (for example where we appoint a service provider/contractor to assist with conducting an event);
- an information services provider;
- a publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites; or
- a referee or previous employer where you apply for employment with The Wine Library.
Purposes for which personal information is used
Generally speaking, The Wine Library collects and uses personal information so that we can provide our hospitality services, interact with you in relation to our services and venue and administer and manage our business.
Some examples of the purposes for which The Wine Library collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information include to:
- take bookings for The Wine Library Venues or The Wine Library Events;
- provide dining and other hospitality experiences at The Wine Library;
- provide our event services to you;
- manage and administer the provision of our services and our relationship with you;
- verify your identity;
- maintain venue, patron and employee safety;
- enable us to supply you with information you request from us;
- conduct promotions, competitions, giveaways and events;
- contact you to obtain your feedback regarding our products or services or to conduct other market research;
- provide you with marketing information regarding The Wine Library and our venues;
- analyse information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the products and services we offer, including by undertaking data analytics and related activities using your personal information;
- comply with the obligations of The Wine Library under any applicable laws; and
- consider any application you make for employment with us.
In addition to the purposes listed above, The Wine Library may use your personal information for other purposes which we notify you of when we collect the information and for other purposes permitted or required by law. Where personal information is used or disclosed, The Wine Library takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to The Wine Library. However, without certain information from you, The Wine Library may not be able to provide services or information to you or may be limited in how we can interact with you.
The Wine Library may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of promotions, competitions, giveaways, events, products or services that may be of interest to you. Where you make a booking at The Wine Library or sign up for the mailing list, this may include sending you information about The Wine Library, The Wine Library Events or services that may be of interest to you.
In doing so, The Wine Library may disclose your personal information to the companies within The Wine Library or other entities with which The Wine Library has a commercial relationship or arrangement for the purpose of the other entity contacting you for such direct marketing purposes.
These communications may be sent using email, telephone, SMS, social media or other similar forms of communication.
Disclosure of personal information
- the companies or other entities within The Wine Library;
- our service providers and contractors and other third parties that provide products or services to us (including our technology service providers, data analytics service providers, bookings or reservation systems providers, event service providers or other business or administration service providers);
- The Wine Library’s auditors, tax, insurance, legal or other professional advisors;
- persons or entities considering acquiring an interest in The Wine Library’s business or assets; or
- The Wine Library’s insurance providers.
The Wine Library may also disclose your personal information for other purposes where we notify you of the disclosure at or about the time of collecting the information, with your consent or if the disclosure is required or authorised by law. Examples of disclosure that may be required or authorised by law include disclosure to law enforcement bodies, liquor and gaming regulators or under Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing laws.
If you post information or other content to public sections of our websites or to our social media sites, you acknowledge that the information or content may be viewed by the public and/or users of the relevant website or social media site.
Some of the parties that The Wine Library discloses your personal information to may be located outside Australia, including technology service providers located in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom. . We take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas recipients do not hold, use or disclose your personal information in a way that is inconsistent with the obligations imposed under the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
Links to other websites
Cookies and website statistical information
The Wine Library may collect statistical information when you access and use our websites and any online platforms available via our websites, by utilising features and technologies of your internet browser, including cookies and pixel tags. We use this information to analyse how our websites and other online services are being used and seek to improve our websites and other online services and provide more user friendly and customised websites and online services. These features and technologies do not specifically identify you unless you expressly provide to us personally identifiable information. You may also elect to turn off the internet browser features which allow us to collect statistical information by selecting certain options on your browser. However, this may slow down or cause certain web pages to be inaccessible to you.
Security of personal information
The Wine Library takes the security and protection of the personal information we hold seriously.
We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your personal information will be kept on databases held on servers kept in a physically and technologically secured environment, accessed only by authorised personnel or contractors. Where personal information is held in hard copy, it will be held in controlled, access restricted premises which only authorised personnel or contractors will be permitted to access.
The Wine Library will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless The Wine Library is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
Access and correction
The Wine Library takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
In addition, under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to and correction of your personal information that is collected and held by The Wine Library. We will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- The Wine Library requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- The Wine Library may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects and will not exceed the cost to The Wine Library for providing access in accordance with your request.
The Wine Library will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request. If The Wine Library refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, The Wine Library will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
If you are dissatisfied with The Wine Library’s refusal to grant access to, or correct, your personal information, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Contacting The Wine Library
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications or make a privacy complaint, please contact The Wine Library’s Privacy Compliance Officer using any of the following contact details:
Privacy Compliance Officer
Phone: 02 93687484
Post: 18 Oxford street, Woollahra, NSW 2025
Please direct all privacy complaints to The Wine Library’s Privacy Compliance Officer. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and The Wine Library.
The Wine Library will acknowledge your complaint within 7 days of receipt and endeavour to resolve it within 30 days, unless The Wine Library informs you otherwise and seeks your agreement in writing.
The Wine Library will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or an extension to the time in which The Wine Library will resolve it, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.